1. Eavesdropping w/ miscommunication – Name a book you heard great things about and expected to love but ended up hating.
I can name so many for this question but I’ll go with House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas. I am a huge SJM fan (or was). I’ve liked both her previously series, so I fully expected to adore this one like everyone else. I have a ranty review explaining why I hated this.
TL:DR: It’s just a mash up of ToG + ACOTAR. It feels very YA despite being marketed as adult.
2. Love Triangles – Name a series where you can’t pick your favourite book.
Heartstopper by Alice Oseman
THE cutest graphic novel romance series. I love all of the book so far, I couldn’t possibly pick a favourite!
3. Not Like Other Girls/Didn’t Know I’m Beautiful – Name a book that has a pretty cover but was boring as all hell.
The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
Ugh, it pains me to say this… This book was just such a drag!! More in my review.
4. All-Consuming Love – Name a book that gave you a book hangover
Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert was the last one I can remember. I didn’t pick anything up for a while after that. It was just so sweet!
5. Douchebag Boyfriend – Name a book that took you a while to get into, but you ended up loving.
6. Tell us your favourite or least favourite trope!
I love the chosen one trope. I know it’s cliché and quite overdone, but if it’s well done, I will love it.
Least favourite/will never read is those incest-y one *shudders*
Morgane – Book Me Some Time
Dhwani – The Written Journey
Allie – The Wandering Nerdette