I haven’t been posting as much since I’m pretty busy with uni work at the moment.
Here’s a quick tag post!
1. An overhyped classic you really didn’t like:
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Words cannot express my hatred of this book. After reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, I was super excited to read more from the Brontes. BOY. I had the worst time reading Wuthering Heights. It’s so boring. I’ll stick with Charlotte Bronte.
2. Favorite time period to read about
Either Regency or Victorian.
I love anything Austen, I love that setting. I do also love the Victorian era. I can’t pick one!
3. Favorite fairy-tale
Rapunzel!! (I need to read the original fairytale, so I’m not sure it counts? haha)
4. What is the most embarrassed classic you haven’t read yet
Ohh, good question. I have read a few of the ‘big’ ones… Maybe Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. I love sci-fi yet I have never picked this book up.
5. Top 5 classics you would like to read (soon)
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wild
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
6. Favorite modern book/series based on a classic
I’m not sure I have one.
7. Favorite movie version/tv-series based on a classic
Pride and Prejudice (1995) aka Colin Firth as Mr Darcy version. The superior P&P adaptation!
Also really love the Bridget Jones’s Diary film, which is a modern take on P&P. Can you tell I love P&P?!
8. Worst classic to movie adaptation
I haven’t seen many bad ones.
One that comes to mind is Macbeth (2015). I couldn’t even finish it, I’m not a Shakespeare fan in general but some of the adaptations are okay. Not even Michael Fassbender could save this one!
9. Favorite edition(s) you’d like to collect more classics from
Penguin Vintage Classics! I have the Brontes in these and Pride and Prejudice, I need them all!
Also, Barnes and Noble clothbound… I don’t own any, yet. They’re stunning and I need all my faves in this edition!
10. An underhyped classic you’d recommend to everyone
Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
I had to read this for uni, it was actually so much more enjoyable than I thought. It’s definitely something I would reread in the future.
I tag anyone who wants to do this!