Created by the booktuber Life is a Page Turner
1. Cupcakes – name a collection of short stories, poems, or anthologies where you couldn’t read just one section and had to go back for another
I’m actually not a fan of short story collections. I much prefer novels/novellas.
But I’ll go with Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J Maas. I powered through that one pretty quickly and enjoyed it for the most part.
2. Lemon Pound Cake – Name a book that has 400 pages or more that you considered a comfort read and a classic
Not a classic but over 400 pages and a comfort read – A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas. I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of rereading it.
3. Red Velvet cake – Name a book that you thought was one thing, but ended up being something completely different
Uprooted by Naomi Novik
I thought this would be an amazing fantasy/romance but it was just a snoozefest.
I was so disappointed in this book.
4. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – Name a book or a book series that you can read over and over again even though you know that it’s bad for you
I don’t believe any books or series are ‘bad’ for anyone – read what you want, whenever you want!
I’ll go with Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson, I’ve read this twice already and really want to pick it up again (hopefully soon). I love this book with every fibre of my being!
5. Apple Pie a la Mode – Name a book that was really good but could have been better with a little bit of ice cream
The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
6. Gingerbread Cookies – Do you like your gingerbread cookies crunchy or soft. 1. If you like your cookies soft name a book that was squishy in the middle, but the beginning and the end were really good. 2. If you like your cookies crunchy or more like ginger snaps name a book that you finished, but that you wanted to throw at a wall, or snap
The Wicked King by Holly Black
7. Brownies – Are you a corner piece or a middle piece? 1. If you’re a corner piece, name a book that starts off strong and then all comes apart. 2. If you’re a middle piece, name a book that kept you in the feels the entire time.
Oooh, I like both. I’ll with corner piece…
The Humans by Matt Haig
The beginning was so good and funny, it just got boring towards the end, sadly!
8. Birthday Cake – Name a book series or an author that you feel like keeps coming out with a book, short story, novella every year
I don’t think anyone releases more than him, the man is a machine!! He pumps out multiple books a year. Crazy.
9. Carrot Cake – Name a book that sounded healthy for you, but ended up being unhealthy either with content, or put you in a reading slump.
Kingdom of Souls by Rena Barron
This put me in such a reading slump. I thought this would be a new fave, the premise sounded so good but the execution was poor.
10. Tag some friends you would love to share some baked goods with
(Don’t feel pressured to do this if you don’t want to)