1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
I could write a whole post just on this question.
The Name of the Wind springs to mind first. I really do not like that book. It took me forever to read, I thought I would love it. So disappointed.
2. A Popular Book or series that everyone else seems to hate but you love.
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.
A lot of people really hate this book. I honestly loved it, still love it; it’s one of my favourite books.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
*Spoilers for Throne of Glass*
Always kinda wanted Celaena to end up with Dorian. I didn’t like Celaena x Chaol AT ALL. I’m not huge on Aelin x Rowan but they’re okay. I fucking hate Dorian x Manon. Don’t even get me started.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
I find it so boring!
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Warner from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. Sorry not sorry. He’s an ass and the justification for his behaviour/action is frankly ridiculous.
Manon from Throne of Glass.
It literally took me until like half of KoA to warm up to her. I just don’t understand her hype. She’s horrid. (I love Abraxos though)
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
This year I’ve read the Shadow and Bone trilogy and reread the Six of Crows duology and honestly, the whole Grishaverse is ridiculously overrated. It’s just not that good.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
I REALLY hate the villain redemption trope.
I absolutely HATE it when an author sets up a really good villain, has them do loads of awful things but then gives them a redemption arc, undoes/justifies all the bad stuff and makes them into a total softy. PUKE.
*cough cough* Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi *cough cough*
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
Super unpopular: HARRY POTTER.
I never read them as a kid, nor did I watch the films; I don’t have the sentimental attachment/nostalgia to make them good. I have zero interest in any of JK Rowling’s work.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
Stardust for sure! Such a quirky, weird but fun film. I love every moment of it.
It is an amazing adaptation; the book isn’t bad but the story is so much better on-screen.
I’m not going to tag anyone specifically but feel free to consider yourself tagged if you want to do it!