Since I plan on posting a lot over the summer, I realised I’d run out of blog post ideas pretty quickly. So I decided I’m going to start doing Top 5 Wednesdays. I don’t know if I will do them every single week but I’ll be doing whenever I like the topic!
*Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme, GoodReads group here with all the topics!
1) Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor
Until recently (literally days ago), I didn’t own this book but wanted (desperately) to read it. I had been on the lookout for the UK hardback for ages and couldn’t get ahold of it. Luckily, someone on twitter didn’t want their copy and so we did a trade.
Finally, I can now read Strange the Dreamer! I will be picking this up asap in anticipation of Muse of Nightmares, I love Laini Taylor’s writing and previous series so I have no doubts that I’ll love this too.
2) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
This is on my list of classics to get to this year, I really want to read this over the summer. I have no idea if it actually is summery but I’m saying it is!
I also really want to watch the BBC miniseries, so I need to read this asap so I can binge watch that afterwards!
3) The Hobbit by J.R.R TolkienUnpopular opinion: I think Tolkien is overrated. I’ve read the first two Lord of the Rings books and honestly can’t see what the fuss is about. I found them to be pretty boring so I’ve been putting off reading The Hobbit. I found this gorgeous edition, which did make me want to read it more but I’m still worried I’m not going to like it.
4) Obsidio by Amie Kaufman + Jay Kristoff
Obsidio was one of my most anticipated releases for 2018, why haven’t I read it yet? I have no idea. But now I feel like I should reread the first two, as I read them ages ago before I start this one and I’ve been putting it off. Sigh.
5) Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J Maas
Another anticipated release, that hasn’t actually been released yet and I can guarantee as soon as I get my hands on this I will be reading it. I am dying to know how this series ends, it’s going to be a big book too, so I’ll be disappearing for a week when this comes out.