Since we’re halfway done with the year (crazy how time flies?!), I thought I would do a mid-year update kinda thing. Just to go over the goals I set and where I can improve for the rest of the year!
GoodReads goal: 20 books
Read so far this year: 30 books – I underestimated how much I’d be reading. I thought I wouldn’t be able to finish many books due to college but it turns out I like to procrastinate by reading!
At the beginning of the year, I set my reading/bookish goals for 2018.
Update on my progress:
- Read more diversely – I have read some diverse books but I definitely still need to pick up more!
- Read more diverse genres – I have definitely been branching out. I have really got into sci-fi this year, which I have been wanting to do for some time. I still need to branch out into other genres but I’m working on it!
- Be a more analytical reader – This has definitely improved since doing an English Lit module in college!
- Listen to more audiobooks – I have listened to some audiobooks this year but I have recently stopped, I need to make this a habit again.
- Stop hoarding books – this definitely hasn’t happened. Oops.
- Use the library more – this also hasn’t happened…yet. I plan to use the library over the summer, whilst I’ll have loads of time to read and visit the library!
- No more TBR’s – Haven’t been setting out monthly TBR’s. Instead, I have been reading whatever I want depending on my mood. So I’ve definitely stuck to that goal, though it does deprive me of a blog post!
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte – Read (and loved) Jane Eyre (Review here). I cannot even put into words how much I loved this book.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen – I plan to read this over the summer.
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien – Haven’t gotten around to this one but I really need to. It has been sitting on my shelf for a year now.
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
And the last two pretty much have the same reason for not reading yet; I’m trying not to buy as many books. Hopefully, my library will have these and I’ll be able to read them soon!
Let me know how your reading is going so far this year!